Sign in to follow this  
Mesa41

Dinar serial numbers

5 posts in this topic

Don't post much but was wondering if anyone has an answer to this question....I was in the process of making a list of the serial numbers on my Dinar bills...I decided to take photos of them instead of writing the down on paper....while doing this, I found that there were several bills (25,000) that had the same serial number on them. Is this true that Iraqi Dinars can/have the same serial number on several bills...duplicates ?? Is this possible and legitimate ? OR do I have some counterfeit Dinar...? All responses will be appreciated...Thanks in advance...

I have some Dinar with duplicate serial numbers. My Dinar was all purchased from reliable dealers. All the security marks are there. Something to remember. I purchased my Dinar, like you, for 1/10 of a penny. It couldn't be counterfeited the cheap.  

Not sure if this will help or not but it is worth a shot. Went looking for what I could find out there on the web and came up with these quotes......

"There two numbers that look almost the same."  "The number 2 and 3 in arabic are very, very close to looking the same.... It is a backward 7 with one small dip at the top of the backward 7 is a 2.... and there is two small dips at the top of the backward 7 is a 3... " "I just finished checking all my serial numbers against each other. all of mine are unique to each other. but some of the arabic numbers look really close to each other. some of my currency looks to have the same number, but then upon closer examination, they are different. " "I called the broker and mentioned the numbers looked very close to each other and some appeared to be the same....they suggested that I use a magnifying glass to examine because the #2 and #3 symbol are almost identical except for a small "squiggly" line....they were right....I feel much better now"

Hope this helps.... Have a good one!

SecuritySerialNumbers_zpsb250412c.jpg